Dear Tim,

I'd be interested in the sources cited by Roth concerning "Vineam
Soreth". Interesting that in the same year that this bull was
published, John Peckham was instituted as archbishop of Canterbury by
the Pope. Have you seen Mundill's recent book on the English Jews?

 MUNDILL, Robin R.: England's Jewish Solution: Experiment and
 Expulsion, 1262-1290 (Cambridge, 1998)

You may want to have a look at the following:

 CHAZAN, Robert: Daggers of faith: 13th-century Christian
 missionizing and Jewish response (Berkeley, 1989)

 SHATZMILLER, Joseph: La deuxieme controverse de Paris: Un chapitre
 dans la polemique entre chretiens et juifs au Moyen Age (Louvain,
 Paris, 1994; Collection de la Revue des Etudes Juives, 15)

Both relate particularly to the campaigns of the Jewish apostate and
Dominican friar Pablo Christiani.
Some material can also be found in:

 SCHOENBACH, Anton E.: Studien zur Geschichte der altdeutschen
 Predigt, III: Das Wirken Bertholds von Regensburg gegen die Ketzer
 (Vienna, 1904; Sitzungsberichte der Kais. Akademie der Wissen-
 schaften in Wien, phil.-hist. Kl. 147); reprinted Hildesheim  1968

 WELLS, David A.: Attitudes to the Jews in Early Middle High German
 Religious Literature and Sermons, in: London German Studies, 4
 (1992), 27-69

I have a paper in print that deals with the "Peckham connection" of
the 1290 expulsion. If you want, I can sent it to you privately.
Best wishes, and kind regards to the folks at Bristol,

Christoph
Dr. Christoph Cluse, FB III - Institut fuer Geschichte der Juden
DM-Gebaeude, Postf. 12, Universitaet, 54286 Trier, Germany
http://www.uni-trier.de/uni/fb3/geschichte/haverkamp/amigj/start.htm
tel. ++49-651-201-3303 / fax 3293