 Dear Robert,

This event looks fascinating and I would love to attend but alas distance
forbids it. I am currently on a two year posting in New Zealand but  until
last year was at Lincoln University and the University of Nottingham prior
to that. I currently working on a project that ties together  knowledge
management and higher education and thought your focus on KM in education
very appropriate to my work. I was wondering  whether you planned to video
or audio tape the day's precedings?  If so I was wondering if it would be
possible to get a copy of this?

 Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Craig Prichard

>The Knowledge Management Event of the New Year
>
>With the new White Paper on competitiveness and building the
>knowledge-driven economy, knowledge management looks set to remain a
>hot topic for some time to come. But what exactly is knowledge
>management? What does it mean or could it mean for your organisation?
>Are you already managing knowledge or do you need a new approach? Are
>you ready?
>
>If you want to know more about knowledge management then this IIS
>event is for you! Three leading names in the information profession
>will share their knowledge about knowledge management
>
>Date: 11 February 1999
>Time: 1.30pm - 4.30pm
>Venue: Leeds University - Edward Boyle Library Conference Room
>Cost: £40.00 for IIS members (including VAT); £50.00 for non-members
>(including VAT)
>
>Programme:
>13.30 Registration
>14.00 Introduction. Julie McLeod, University of Northumbria
>14.05 Nigel Oxbrow, Director, TFPL will give an overview of
>KM, different approaches to applying KM and skills required
>14.50 Tea
>15.00 Lynne Brindley, Pro-Vice Chancellor IT, Librarian, Leeds
>University, will discuss approaches to KM in the higher education
>sector
>15.30 Dr Sandra Ward, Independent Consultant and formerly Head
>of Information Services, Glaxo Wellcome will examine KM in the private
>sector
>16.00 Discussion - a lively question and answer session
>
>To book a place, please send a fax to Monica Anderton on 01434-682019
>
>Name:
>Phone:
>Organisation/address:
>
>VAT No: 244 4637 59