This is anecdotal, but in my part of the UK there was definitely something
going around which caused a febrile illness that made fit young people take
to their beds and shiver, and left them feeling washed out for up to 2 weeks
afterwards. This affected large numbers of patients and staff hereabouts.

Whether this was influenza, or was an epidemic, I don't know: but the effect
on our practice was at least as much as previous "influenza epidemics" over
the last 15 years that I've been here.

Paul

Paul Robinson
GP and Course Organiser