The following is a short summary of the information which I received (sone
time ago) on the above topic. Apologies for delay but some of the
information sent to me was infected with a virus which did not appear until
I re-opened the file. I have attempted to put together the information which
I was able to retrieve some of which may now be rather dated.

Centre for Professional Development
Department of Continuing Education
University of Oxford
Tel (44) 1865 288174	Contact: Venetia Hill-Perkins, Portfolio Manager

Modules on Diploma and MSc level, as well as a 10 week Research Skills
course for people working in health-related fields. Research skills course -
April 1999 term. Diploma module (Sept-Dec 1999) provides an overview of
research methods. MSc currently has an elective in Clinical Trials.

University of Greenwich
Avery Hill Site
Eltham
London SE9
Tel 0181 331 8739		Contact: Beryl Fussey

Masters level unit that examines quantitative research and statistical
methods as applied to research. Feb - June 1800-2100 hours

Royal College of General Practitioners
Knightsbridge
London
Tel 0171 581 3232 ext 338	Contact: Sara Shaw, Research Facilitator (e-mail

Series of masterclasses. 3rd March Statistical Concepts, 4th March
Randomised Controlled Trials and Conducting Multi-Practice research. Further
information including clickable map of Britian with information on local
research methods training should now be available at
http://www.rcgp.org.uk/college/activity/research/index.htm

Dept. Primary Care and Population Sciences
UCL and Royal Free Hospital Medical School
London NW3
Tel 0171 830 2549		Contact Dr Tina Ramkalawan
(e-mail [log in to unmask])

Short course at the Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine (one afternoon a
week over ten weeks) in Health Resarch Methods for health professionals.
Several sessions cover quantitative research methods.

Finally, now imminent so not sure if any places left:

Neurosciences Trials Unit
Dept of Clinical Neurosciences
University of Edinburgh
Tel 0131 537 2930
Fax 0131 332 5150
e-mail [log in to unmask]	Contact: Anne Leigh Brown, Course Organiser

The 4th Edinburgh Clinical Trials Course. 17-19th February 1999. Covers the
design and conduct of randomised controlled clinical trials. Number of
places limited to 30.Web page: http://www.dcn.ed.ac.uk/ectc/