From: Gill Dixon <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 02 February 1999 14:11
Subject: RE: [re moral failing]

Not just dyslexic children. All children.

Peer group pressure can be a terrible hammer to self-esteem.
Being part of 'the gang' is all important, especially in adolescence.
A general improvement in awareness and understanding of dyslexia, and all
'special' needs. Very achievable if people want it enough.

My own son's 'mates' are aware of his dyspraxic/dyslexic differences, and
are very supportive.

I tire of being told by teachers 'we don't want to do that (when suggesting
a different approach to an activity), it will make him look different.'

He is different...and proud of it!

Gill.