From:	LUCY::AASCH        15-FEB-1999 12:58:06.11
To:	IN%"[log in to unmask]"
CC:	AASCH
Subj:	help with bioethics references

Hello, faithful list participants.  I'm wondering if I can prevail upon any
of you for help:  I am writing an article on bioethics and disability that
is intended to be quite comprehensive and international in scope.  Topics
will include:  disability community responses to physcian-assisted suicide;
; discussion of treating "handicapped" newborns; prenatal diagnosis;
allocation of health care resources; what counts as an "impairment" or
disability; and justifications for creating an inclusive society.  This is
broad, but I believe the subject warrants such coverage.  Here is my
question:  Would people please provide citations to your favorite articles
and people on these subjects?  I am fairly familiar with the U/s scene and
know somethying oof the people and writings from CandCandad, the UK, and
Australia, but I know less about activists and writings from Europe, Asia,
Africa, Latin America.  If people could please send suggestions, I would be
most appreciative.  Also, if anyone wants to talk with me about the
connections between disability, bioethics, and human rights, please send me
email or call me at 781-283-3248.  I hope to get some interesting responses
from this query.
Thank you all.
Adrienne Asch