Hi,
I'm doing my final year dissertation on the educational opportunities
presently available to disabled children in England and WaLES. At present
I'm looking for research of any kind on what happens in practice (compared
to what national policy and law state as its intentions). I want to focus
on the experiences of children with physical disabilities. Can anybody
recommend any studies or sources of info., either on the views of children
themselves,or else studies of particular schemes or general practice? I've
found quite a few texts recommending how to organise provision, some
studies from the 1970s or 1980s,and recent statistics on statementing and
levels of integration/special schooling from the CSIE but I'm wondering if
there's anything else more recent -especially qualitative.
I'll be grateful for any help anyone can give,
Sarah Fletcher
Sarah