I would also be interested to learn how football encourages violence
against women and children. I have no experience of American football
but UK football is often characterised by feminist writers in a
similar way; however, I have no direct evidence of this myself. My
club side, Chelsea, is well known for its violent following, but this
is usually lads fighting each other; I have never seen violence
perpetrated against women and children. Do you mean that football
encourages men commit  physical assaults on women and children
outside of football? This is highly unlikely. Have any of these
feminists who criticise 'macho' working class male culture ever been
to a football match? I doubt it! Let's be clear, maleviolence is a
problem, but it has very little to do with football. If there is
violence at football (a problem in the UK) or if some men who attend
football are also violent outside of football, this is more likely to
reflect broader social values and relations. I have yet to see any of
this' well documented' evidence of football being the cause.