Once again, a committed small group cyber volunteers are organizing a
nationalwomens symposium the day before the SocietyforDisability Studies .
It will be the Wednesday May 26th at the same Hotel as the SDS evnt.
We are VIRTUALLY organizing which means we have no office, no phone,
 no fax and no staff.  I am setting up a registration page on the web
 which WILL be located at
HTTP://www.disabilityhistory.org/changingborders/registration.html
and there should be a link to it on the SDS web page within a WEEK>
It is not up yet. The topics for discussion and action are SEX SEX SEX
 ( That got some of your attentions!)  Sexuality, safe sex, relationships
etc for women with disabilities,  Prevention of Violence against women
espeially caregiver and domestic abuseas wellas sexuAL nd physical abuse
in child hood,  and lastly women's health, particularly reproductive
health, aging, disabilities predominantlyfound in women (Lupus, arthritis)
breast cancer.  We will also have caucuses around interest areas,
research, students, ethnicity and race, sexuality, parenting, etc.

What we are now doing is letting people know before they BOOK tickets that
we really hope ou will come the day early to attend the event. The cost is
 minimal-- $50 dollars for working people  $25 if you cannot affort $50and
scholarships are available to unwaged and people who request it.

We need HELP. Both the virtual organizers are on the pacific coast and the
conference is in the East, is anyone interested in helping organizing
aworkshop, present, dologistics, registration or  generally provide peer
support?    Please reply to both myself and [log in to unmask] who is not a
emaillist member.  We need to know soon so we can make this a success.
Thanks in advance for the support- no need to reply to the list who I can
see are  heavily occupied by significant moral and philosophical issues.
Tanis

This is Tanis Doe- Real name-  Please send any documents with
attachments to another email address Tanis_Doe@bc.sympatico.ca...
 Also check out my temporary web site for a conference on the i
nternet and women at
www3.bc.sympatico.ca/inclusion/workshop.html  Inclusion Works!