To all members of the ACB Informatics group.

The next ACB Training week to Be held in Brighton in April will feature an Informatics training afternoon as part of the program. This is the first time that this has happened.
Dr James Falconer Smith is organising the program and I am assisting. The format is as follows; 20+ www sites pertinent to the practice of Clinical Biochemistry have been selected. The URL of each of these sites has been issued to 2 trainees. They have been asked to review the sites and write a 100 synopsis of their findings. During the afternoon April 14th  the students will present their findings to the wider audience. Whilst the presentations are taking place there will be online access to the sites being discussed. We will have a computer projection system so everyone can enjoy the multimedia presentations.

To coincide with the project a special web site has been set up which contains all of the links. Feel free to have a look at
www.acb.org.uk/training/ There is a facility to recommend your own favourite sites if you wish.

Best Wishes
Dr John O'Connor
Chairman ACB Informatics