Dear All,

For those interested in biological recording software - the developing
Recorder-2000 prototype 3 is now available for download. Please do take
this opportune to take a look and have a chance to influence the
development of the software so that it meets your requirements.

The message below is from Stuart Ball - Recorder-2000 Project Officer at
JNCC:

"Prototype 3 is now available on the NBN web site for download in the
usual place:

www.nbn.org.uk/projects/rec2000/download.htm

The deadline for comments is Friday 5th March.

The 4th and last design session is on the 9-10th March, so this is your
last chance to influence the design.

I have tried to write a thorough walk through this time, so I am afraid
the
notes (Notes19.rtf in the zip file) are rather long. I have tried to
answer
specific queries that people raised in their previous feedback as I went
along and indicate what we have done about them (or if nothing - why
not!).

Dr Stuart G. Ball
Data Custodian Team Leader
Joint Nature Conservation Committee
Tel.  01733 866864".

Cheers, please have a look if you are involved in biological recording,
surveying etc. This will affect you in the future.

Steve.

Steve J. McWilliam  -  Consult-Eco - Providing Excellence In:-
    Invertebrate & Ecological Survey, Identification,
    Education & Training, Computing & Recording
Tel:  01928-573697 (24 hour answer-phone service)
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
4 Priory Close, Halton Village, Runcorn, Cheshire, WA7 2BN
Check Out:  http://www.consult-eco.ndirect.co.uk