From:          "Martin L.G" <[log in to unmask]>
To:            'Duncan Large' <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:       RE: Interviews for German
Date:          Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:12:54 -0000

[...]

I can confim that of the 12 institutions which responded, only 2
actually had a policy of interviewing all selected candidates for
German.  The rest therefore only interviewed if absolutely necessary,
e.g, non-standard quals or borderline, or not at all.

The trend seems to be that the offer, then Open Day, approach is
growing and interviewing is declining overall.

RESULT

Yes - 17%	No - 83%

Please convey my appreciation to all those on the list and thank you for
your valuable time,

Best wishes
Lee
Lee Martin  -