Even King Canute was a realist !                     Rob
 ----------
From: acad-ae-med-request
To: acadae messages
Subject: Re: Accident is a moron
Date: Saturday, February 06, 1999 11:01AM

probably very little. Since the topic was raised on the list I have been a
little more sensitive to what people call us. Nearly all circulars round the
department regarding A+E refer to the department as casualty and the docs as
casualty officers. Taxi drivers have no idea where A+E is, but can take you
straight to casualty and even some of the research proformas we have state
that that they should be filled in by the junior casualty doctor.

Seems it will be very difficult to change either the professions or the
public's name for us. (is there an analogy between departments of primary
health care and GP's??).

Simon Carley
SpR in Emergency Medicine
Hope Hospital