The first distinction appears to me to be implicit, for example, in the _Liber de
Causis_ (tr. from the Arabic by Gerard of Cremona in the 1180s). The truth of a
thing, if the neo-Platonic unity applies to true things inasmuch as they are
therefore also simple or one (Unum et Bonum, as Aquinas says in his commentary on
the Liber §1), depends on its proximity to the first cause (God). But *that* it
is true (or Good or Simple) is not at issue; it is *how* it is true which fuels
both the taxonomy of the Liber and its commentary tradition.

Hope this is helpful,
Stephen