Greetings!

>Taking a few days off, I called in at Blackwells in Oxford and easily
>obtained the Stuttgart Vulgate.  At only £49.95 it makes one wonder what
all
>the fuss was about.  For those for whom even this modest outlay would be a
>hardship, they also have the Nestle-Aland Latin NT for a mere £19.95.  I
>almost bought both;  but why deny myself pleasure on a future visit?

In my horribly devalued currency, that's over $100 ($115-ish at the current
exchange), and for a grad student trying to make the money hold out until my
thesis is submitted (probably within the month), that's a bit of a layout.
I could get one at the University of Toronto bookstore for $89.95 CDN, I
believe.  Since that conversation a few months ago, I've kept looking for a
used copy in every antiquarian/used bookstore I've gone into--no luck.
Someone posited that the reason why is that the folks who would want or need
a Vulgate wouldn't be likely to sell one off.

Susan Carroll-Clark