My name is Darren MacDonald and I am a Provincial Ergonomist with the
Workplace Health, Safety & Compensation Commission of New Brunswick.  I
have recently completed a tour of some lumber mills around the province
and we have noticed a major problem in all operations.

The individuals that perform most of the Grading Activities are flipping
the lumber to grade it, supinating most of the time.  I have learned
from a colleague in British Columbia that they have designed an
automatic board flipper.  To my knowledge there is one for fix length
lumber and one for variable lengths.  In our case we would need
information on both, so I am asking for your help.  If anyone has
information regarding the manufacturing, cost or success of such a
device it would be greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year to you all.............the very best to you from New
Brunswick

Darren

D.Darren MacDonald, BScK
Ergonomics Consultant

Workplace Health, Safety & Compensation Commission
of New Brunswick (WHSCC) - Ergonomics Services

T-(506)738-4161
F-(506)738-4099
[log in to unmask]            WEB: www.gov.nb.ca/whscc

**********"All Accidents Are Preventable"***********