Hello Listmembers,
anyone interested in issues that pertain to disabled
lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgendered people will want to know about two
forthcoming 'special'  issues in this field of inquiry.

The theme of the Summer 1998 issue of the Disability Studies Quarterly
is Disabilility Studies Queered.  Guest-edited by me, the issue includes
an introduction by me, papers by Beth Ferri, Alexa Scriempf, and others,
as well as reviews by  Marty Norden, Kate Kaul, and Laurie Posner (among
others).   This issue of DSQ is scheduled to be mailed out by the end of
January.

Also, the January 1999 (vol. 4, no. 1) issue of the Journal of Gay,
Lesbian, and Bisexual Identity is devoted to Disability and Queerness.
Guest-edited by Cathy Marston and Dawn Atkins, the issue includes
essays, poetry, reviews, and an interview that Cathy and Dawn conducted
with me in which I respond to questions about the disabled dyke
anthology I edited and community organizing of disabled queers in
Toronto.

I hope that many of you will have the opportunity to read both of these
collections.

Best wishes for the New Year,
Shelley Tremain