M.G.Peckitt wrote:

> Bill and all
>
> Bill Abert confuses respect for content of ideas for
> respect just saying those ideas at all.  I did not agree
> with Powell's politics, his method of putting his message
> across and the messasge itself, but if he was being honest,
> there is a kind of integrity in that.
>
> So when Mr. Hoddle is asked for his views I prefer
> politically incorrect honesty to watered down,
> condescending, patronising rubbish.

> M.G.Peckitt
 I do not like patronizing statement or political correctness for the
sake of political correctness it's self. However, ableism at this point
plays different role in society.  Mr. Hoddle's  statement as present
by  Bill does  not seem very honest or thoughtout,  just another person
in position of "perceived  power " being a jerk.   I don't know if
British football encourages as much violence against women as  North
American football does . If yes, then lest add that his opinion stems
from chauvinism and should not be applauded.