I am a fiend-for-film.  On average, I go to one movie a week.  I live in
downtown Toronto so there are several cinemas (each housing multiple
screens) within minutes of my apartment.  My favourite cinema, which is
three city blocks away, shows primarily independent/artsy films (seldom
Hollywood stuff).  I  go to matinees on weekends because it is cheaper
and the theatre is not as crowded, often deserted.  I love the buttered
popcorn and I sit in a seat in the centre of the fourth row (if it is
not already occupied).  Some of the excellent films which I have seen in
the past couple of  months are: Last Night (Dir. Don McKellar);
Celebration (Dir. Thomas Vinterberg); The Red Violin (Dir. Francois
Girard); Elizabeth (Dir. Shehkar Kapur); Happiness (Dir. Todd Solondz);
Hilary and Jackie (Dir. Anand Tucker).

Best wishes,
Shelley