I find it saddening when terminology like "wheelchair
bound" is used on Television or radio.  Since the issue was
on American Politics and not Disability there is no need to
mention the fact that Charles Ruff was in a wheelchair.

However, interviewees can sometime choose how they wish to
be introduced and in my view in  it is not the place of
collectives or groups to enforce a libel on the individual.
If the lawyer in question has no objection then is it our
place to question his choice.

By enforcing another label on someone are we any better
than those who deem us "wheelchair bound" or "Disabled".
To impose one set of ethics on to another could be
considered unethical in itself.

Michael

M.G.Peckitt