John Homan wrote:

 To me intelligence has
>nothing to do with social perceptions, acquired knowledge, opinion or
>attitude. What it means to me is the ability to interpret and correlate
>disparate information, and with itextrapolate new and original thought
>and ideas.

So that's a subjective opinion, to you, and it says that intelligence only
has one meaning which is the one which cancels out

>all the garbage we see when
>people try to quantify the artistic value of a painting or define the
>taste of a wine?

Frankly I'm not interested in QUANTIFYING anything, but in being as sure as
I can that we're not excluding too much - my view is that everything is
contingent - Old Chinese proverb say 'the only thing which is constant is
change'.

Cheers (!)

Mairian

*********

"To understand what I am doing, you need a third eye"

*********

Mairian Corker
Senior Research Fellow in Deaf and Disability Studies
University of Central Lancashire

Postal Address:
111 Balfour Road
Highbury
London N5 2HE
U.K.

Minicom/TTY      +44 [0]171 359 8085
Fax              +44 [0]870 0553967
Typetalk (voice) +44 [0]800 515152 (and ask for minicom/TTY number)