Barbara wrote-
>Have you ever thought to examine your attitudes towards one another: i. e.
>attitudes of persons with physically disability toward  persons who are
>cognitively impaired, which include some with barely any intelligence.
Even this may not be right question (waas this a question? hmmmm).
Intelligence ain't a thing; it's socially constructed/created.This in the
same way that ability/disability is culturally created. The idea is right,
Barbara, to point out unfortunate false hierarchies of ability/disability
that appear even from within a community that is (should be?) oriented
toward seeing and criticizing them. But to say "some with barely any
intelligence" implies that we are vessels, some fuller than others, of a
thing that is real, quantifiable, etc. That is also a place we don't want
to go. At least, I hope not.
Phil