Explicitly stating the metadata author-agent using the Relation field sounds
sane to me, though I'd suggest in this light that metadata authorship is
important enough for validating metadata that it should have a field of its
own, perhaps DC.MetadataAgent. Whether this actually contains information, or
merely points to other information, is a point for debate.

For decent quality verification of metadata authorship, the record for a
particular metadata author-agent would contain links to all the metadata that
this author-agent created. That, or we should have a standard means for
recording digital signatures for authored metadata. So the DC.MetadataAgent
could contain, say, the link to the author's record and a signature based on
the rest of the metadata. I can tell you right now, it's less trouble to
implement verification with signatures than cross-links.

Using the DC.Relation of IsMetadataAuthorOf/HasMetadataAuthor is going to
blow out your data storage. "Is MetadataAuthorOf" is one of those relations
that can be explored by finding everything that a particular person is listed
as being "HasMetadataAuthor". Unless you only write 500 metadata resources in
your life, using two-way linkage is going to be very expensive, in terms of
initial storage and continual updates when the location of a resource
changes. You're going to need a fast RDBMS just to manage your
"IsMetadataAuthorOf" table.

If it's possible to keep a global directory of authors, then digital
signatures on metadata would be a more sensible option, IMHO (because it
means less work for the programmers, which means higher quality software).

Regards
Alex Satrapa

--
Alex Satrapa