Dear Scott

I fear there's no straight answer to this question. Exactitude is impossible
because so few records survive. Wilhelm Levison counted up the number of
recorded dedications before 800, which was six, plus 22 in honour of Peter
alone and five in honour of Paul alone. (I know you are also interested in
Andrew, and Levison's figure here was seven.) Other instances come to light in
the subsequent centuries, but in each case our figures must be a serious
underestimate.

One reason suffices to support this contention, and that is the close
statistical correlation of Peter (and Peter and Paul) dedications with early
royal estate centres, many of which had passed out of royal possession by 1066.

Since you're obviously racing a deadline, let's come at this from a different
direction. In what context is your question asked?

Anxious to help...

Best wishes

Graham Jones
Leicester

Scott DeGregorio wrote:

> > Dear list:> > I would be eternally grateful if some oneouttherecouldtellme how many> churches in pre-conquest Anglo-Saxon England
werededicated to SS Peter and> Paul.  Shockingly, not one of our 52 libraries at
the Univ. of Toronto has> either Arnold-Forster or Bond on its shelves!   It may take several weeks to