Hello John and John,
	Sorry don't know the source of the quotation you asked about, but thought you might like the "causal attribution" abstraction - relating to the "other's" perception....

...Heidar propossed that causal analysis was in some respects similar to the perceptual process, as conceived in Brunswick's (1952) lense model.....an object out there with objective properties constitutes the distil stimulus. But what is psychologically
 important is the proximal stimulus, the way the object appears to the perceiver. For social perception Heider suggested that the important distil stimuli were dispositional properties linked to the proximal act, these often refer to psychological states
.

INTERESTED SO FAR?
THE NEXT IS MORE TO THE POINT.....

.....He argued further that these invarient dispositional properties were needed to explain the behaviour of others and render the perceiver's world stable, predictable and controllable.

NOW, WHERE HAVE i EXPERIENCED THAT BEFORE?
eg: Statistical norm vs outlyer.
or: Exclusivity vs inclusivity.
or: Prejudice vs acceptance.

So much for chaos theory! Were they all a bit like that "into control" in the '50s?

Best regardsl,
Joseph.

Good morning John,

I can not help you with the source of your quotation, but would like to
counter with an other one by Ayn Rand (I think from Atlas Shrugged):
'Don't look at yourself through somebody else's eyes', which I find a
more attractive philosophy.

rgds John

--
[InternetShortcut]