I'm coming in on this a bit late (as usual) but I haven't seen ketamine
mentioned yet. This is my drug of choice for combative head injuries,
drunks or whatever. Quick, clean, long shelf life, cheap & wears off
quickly. The concern about raising ICP relates to a small trial on a
neuro-surgical ward and wasn't looking at acute trauma cases.
I accept it doesn't paralyse and is not true RSI, but I cannot find an
anaethetist, not even from BASICS, who is prepared to teach proper RSI to a
non-anaethetist!
NP tubes are great!
Following a chat with Vic Calland we have now equipped with 6mm cuffed
tracheostomy tubes to gain real airway control when other methods fail.
Best wishes
John Apps