Hi Paul
   Thanks for the message.

> Replying in one longish go as I get stuff digestified ....

> > Too true. We're faced with the same problems. What's the next step?
>
> I have high hopes for the September workshop at Goldsmiths!

I'll give an update on plans for the workshop.

Last year's workshop at Newcastle was well-received (apart from the lack of vegetables!).   One
comment that several people made was the importance of discussion sessions.  This year we've tried
to provide more time for discussions.  As well as the parallel sessions  (similar format to last
year) on the morning of day 3 there will be an exhibition, consisting of demonstrations and posters
from commercial vendors, national projects and services, and delegates themselves.  There will also
be an opportunity in this slot for Birds of a Feather sessions.

Although the workshop officially finishes at lunchtime, there will be a regional .gamut meeting in
the afternoon.  Other regional groups will be invited to attend this meeting, which may look at
things that can be done on a regional basis.

Brian