Do you have any experience with remotely hosted web search systems
for an individual website you could share with me, please?

The TWI website is hosted by Uunet. It is searchable with the Muscat
search system, hosted by Muscat through Uunet. Uunet are dropping
this service in a couple of weeks so we have to find an alternative
fast.

We could sign up with Muscat directly but that is very expensive. We
could buy a search engine and pay Uunet to host it alongside our web
pages but that too is very expensive.

We don't feel it appropriate to use one of the free search
services that display adverts on the search pages e.g. FreeFind. I'm
looking, in particular, at Atomz and would be grateful for any
reports on this and other such services that anyone has experience of
to help us make our decision.

Sheila Thomas
work: [log in to unmask]           http://www.twi.co.uk
play:[log in to unmask]     http://www.granta.demon.co.uk

Weldasearch, the Materials Joining Database from TWI -
World Centre for Joining Technology