On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Mike Lowndes wrote:

> We use webglimpse,
> http://donkey.CS.Arizona.EDU/webglimpse/
>
> http://tucson.com/webglimpse/
>
> which is rather long in the tooth but is being developed (they are
> currently writing meta tag indexers for it). Its not as good as ht://dig,
> except in some key areas.

We also use glimpse to index the web archives of old messages.
It allows us to limit searches to one list, or search across the archives
of many different lists (http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/search-lots.html) We
can also filter pages before indexing which means that the links to
next/previous messages don't get indexed

--
Bronwen Reid, Mailbase, Computing Service, University of Newcastle, NE1 7RU
Tel: (0191) 222-8214    Email: [log in to unmask]