This College's website has reached a point many HE sites have already
passed with varying degrees of success, perceived or real - ie we have
until now bumped along as a cinderella service clinging to an
overstretched library budget. Now, with pressure coming from various
parts of the College (not least Admissions and External Relations) for
a more externally targeted website with greater interactivity and
consistency of design through its various levels, there may at last be
money available (I've asked for 15k, expect to get less)to buy in some
design expertise.

It would be good to hear of your experience if you have been there,
done that. The options seem to be either hand the whole exercise over
to a New Media Agency and be prepared to spend a lot of money in the
hope of getting what we want or bring in a freelance designer to work
closely with the existing College Web team.

Experiences/other options/budgets/thoughts welcomed...

JB

John Bennett
Christ Church Web                 Room Lg16
Canterbury Christ Church University College

Ext: 2916         Direct Dial: 01227 782916
E-mail:        [log in to unmask]
Homepage:                    www.cant.ac.uk