> Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:42:35 +0100
> From: Helen Sargan <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Verity
>
> Just got a mailing that Verity are having a European Verity Forum on 18
> November in London. For more info and registration see
> http://www.verity.com/events/forum/ukreg.html or email to [log in to unmask]

Shame I can't make this.

I've been very impressed with Verity's KeyViewPro. The technology
can be used as a browser plug-in that allows you to display Word,
Excel, Powerpoint, WordPerfect, gzipped tar archives, etc files
(just about anything other than databases).

It also has a batch conversion tool (30
legacy Word docs to convert? No problem - drag-n-drop them on the
tool and, hey presto, 30 HTML files appear.

I've not looked closely at the quality of the HTML or the limits
to its conversion abilities (it baulks at equations in Word but then
alot of things do ....).

A 30-day evaluation copy is available at http://www.keyview.com/.
Single user $59. Price breaks available on more.

The _really_ interesting thing is I understand the
same technology to be available server-side. Only S10-20k depending
on your site I believe. A snip if you never want to Save As
HTML again (because all your files get converted on the fly).

If anyone has experience of this technology, first-hand or otherwise, I'd
very pleased to hear about it. Or others that achieve the same end
result.

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
     E-mail: [log in to unmask]  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk