Hi!

We're developing a database driven online prospectus. It's search function
normally happens pretty quickly but sometimes it can leave the user staring
at a blank screen for a few seconds and they may start to get worried that
nothing is happening.

I want to put up a 'searching database, please wait....' message which
appears on screen then dissapears when the search results load (I've seen
this done on sites like Photodisc and Expedia) - the obvious solution is to
have a page which displays the message and holds the search values then
re-directs after a few seconds using the refresh meta tag to the proper
search page.

Does anyone have a slightly more elegant solution ?

----
Will DG Cox - Editorial and Digital Media Team
Marketing and Development, Sheffield Hallam University
Tel 0114 225 3893  Fax 0114 225 2094 E-mail [log in to unmask]