On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, C.K.Work wrote:

> 3 - web system support - maintain the server
>
> And finally, the person who make this hang together. I don't think this
> person actually needs much knowledge of the web at an HTML/technical
> level at all

I think there is also a post somewhere between the last two - a general
"web wizard" who lives and breathes HTML, ASP, HTTP, Perl etc. Without a
good knowledge of what's going on at the page level you can't hope to be
an effective system support person, and vice-versa. At least, not if you
want to keep abreast of new trends like dynamic pages, backend databases
etc!

Andrew.

Web Consultant                             | Email: a.savory at uea.ac.uk
IT and Computing Services                  | URL:   http://www.uea.ac.uk/
University of East Anglia                  | All views are my own -
Norwich, NR4 7TJ, UK                       |        who else would want them?