Hi Samantha

not sure what you mean by key/transferable skills training - this could
mean almost any CAL materials on the web.  However, have you tried:-

http://www.svtc.org.uk/

http://www.scholars.com/scholars.asp

http://www.mantex.co.uk/

http://www.ag.ndsu.nodak.edu/lessons/lessons.html

http://zeus.gmd.de/ifets/index.html

http://www.le.ac.uk/castle/index.html

An organisation with a *great deal* of experience in this area, using the
web to teach languages is WELL Project.

http://www.well.ac.uk/teacher/wellproj/

Hope this helps.

At 19:20 10/02/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>This is my first attempt at this so hope it gets to you OK
>- of course if it doesn't you wont be reading it anyway so
>what the heck.
>
>I am a final year undergraduate student researching web
>based exaples of key/transferable skills training and I
>would be grateful for your help.
>
>There is so much stuff on-line that I find it difficult to
>decide which site to go to first.  Sooooo I have decided to
>come to the experts hoping that you will be able to point
>me in the right direction.
>
>I am looking for examples of good, or bad, web based
>resources aimed at the promotion of key/tranferable skills.
>
>Does anyone know of any resources which discuss best
>practice in this area or reviews of sites or packages.
>Anything you think may help will be much appreciated.
>
>Thanks for your time.
>
>Samantha Greatbatch
>
>Staffordshire University
>GREATBATCH S.J