This is the second of two new positions available at VADS

 - apologies for any cross postings -

Data Management Officer
Visual Arts Data Service

The Visual Arts Data Service (http://vads.ahds.ac.uk) works within higher education to provide Internet access to an archive of digital resources of research and teaching interest. We also provide advice and training on the best way to create, use and manage digital resources in the visual arts.

Our data service and website are expanding very rapidly and we therefore seek to recruit a full-time Data Management Officer to process data and develop web interfaces to
our wide range of data resources.

This is an exciting and challenging post which requires qualifications in and/or experience in database design and web programming in order to allow us to realise the potential of our web gateway. As a high percentage of our resources are image based, some experience of /or interest in digital imaging would be an advantage.

The post is based at The Surrey Institute of Art and Design in Farnham, it will attract a salary of £16 to 20k, depending upon experience.

For a more detailed job description, visit the VADS website: http://vads.ahds.ac.uk/job_advert1a.html

For an application form and further details, please contact the Personnel Department at The Surrey Institute on 01252 892681 (24 hrs) or e-mail [log in to unmask],
quoting ref. AS29

Closing date for applications is: Friday 27th August 1999

--
*Catherine Grout*Visual Arts Data Service Project Manager*
**Surrey Institute of Art & Design**Farnham**Surrey**

Providing, preserving and promoting . . .
high quality digital resources for the visual arts