Dear listmembers,

As listowners we were asked to pass the following information about
the "World Congress on Environmental Design for the New Millennium"
to be held in Korea in November 2000 on to our listmembers.
Passing on these details is for information only and does not imply
recommendation or support by the "urban-drainage" list.

Best wishes

 Manfred
 Co-owner "urban-drainage" list

Dear Friends and Colleagues:

The "World Congress on Environmental Design for the New
Millennium", planned by the Presidential Commission for the New
Millennium in Korea will be held under the theme "Creativity Respecting
Human, Earth and Culture" from November 8 to 22, 2000 in Seoul, Korea.
The Congress - organized by Yonsei University, sponsored by the
Ministry of Construction and Transportation, and implemented by the
Preparatory Committee - aims to collect world wisdom and creativity to
shape our built environment for the next Millennium: The Congress
involves three distinctive but related conferences: the World Conference
on Universal Design; the World Conference on Green Design; and the
World Conference on Cultural Design.

The World Conference on Universal Design will focus on issues related
to preserving human dignity and equality thereby creating more humane
environment where design democracy will be realized; The World
Conference on Green Design will devote on issues related to sustainable
concept which centers
on building ecologically sound environment; The World Conference on
Cultural Design will examine ways to provide a common ground where
the traditional, the present, future and the diverse cultures coexist in
harmony. Throughout the Congress, common topics such as creativity,
future paradigm, and  digital future will be addressed irrespective of the
specific Conference topics.

A Students Conference will also be held in conjunction with the
Congress to transfer the wisdom of the currently active professionals to
the students - the future leaders in this field; to enhance and upgrade
their creative minds; and to provide them with a chance to have
international field expe
rience and to interact with other international students.

The Congress will feature paper presentations by some 60 world
renowned scholars, researchers, educators, design advocates and
stimulators who are invited to share and discuss with thousands of
participants their works and visions. A special debate session is also
scheduled to be held at the end
of each Conference where all the relevant speakers will gather together to
debate on their respective visions and ideas.

The official language is English and simultaneous translation service in
several languages for the key presentations will be provided to facilitate
communication and interaction among the participants of the Congress.

A number of various events will be held in conjunction with the
Congress. These events include exhibitions and cultural programs where
a variety of unique Korean cultures will be introduced providing you
with a chance to have access to diverse Korean cultures and visions.

If any of you wish to know more about the Congress, please email us
your address and we will to send you our brochures. You can also visit
our website for more detailed information.

It is my sincere hope that you find time to take part in the Congress and
share with other participants valuable experiences and insights.

Sincerely yours,

Yeunsook Lee, Ph.D.
Chair, Preparatory Committee
World Congress on Environmental Design for the New Millennium

Website Address of the Congress : http://www.millenniumEd.org.
Email Address of the Congress : [log in to unmask]

World Congress on Environmental Design for the New Millennium
420 Samsungkwan, Yonsei University, Seoul, 120-749, KOREA
Tel : 82-2-3147-1192,3
Fax : 82-2-3147-1194
e-mail : [log in to unmask]
http://www.millenniumed.org