Dear SPM users,

I have a question concerning the setting of my height threshold value.  In a first experiment (using a random effects model),
with 10 male and 10 female subjects, height threshold was set at p<0.0005, uncorrected, for a priori ROIs.  A (non surprising) gender difference was detected in a specific region.  A second study was conducted specifically to confirm this gender differential
activation with 14 NEW participants (7 male and 7 female subjects).  This time however, given the above, the ROI of interest was
limited to a relatively small region...and acceptable height threshold was calculated as a function of the limited size of this region.
To target a corrected p<0.05 level, an uncorrected p<0.019 level was therefore calculated as adequate.

However, for some reason (too long to explain here), it would be nice to combine subjects from both studies and to reanalyze this
data. How should I set my new height threshold if I analyze the data for all 34 subjects?  I know it should be somewhere
between p<0.0005 and p<0.019 but the precise value is hard to calculate.  I was considering using a simple linear
interpolation between p values, taking into account number of subjects in each study, to provide an APPROXIMATE value for the height threshold.   Any comments?

Sherif