Dear Brigitte,

> I'm getting this error message while trying to realign my data
> in SPM99b, I don't think there should be any memory problem, I
> still have 709Mb availebable in my working directory. What
> should I check, what should I do?
> Realigning Subject 1:   ??? Out of memory. Type HELP MEMORY for
> your options.

MATLAB is running out of memory (or swap), not disk space in your working
directory. John summarised the possible causes of 'out of memory' messages
during realign in the message archived at
http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/lists/spm/1999-12/0185.html which might be
helpful.

If this doesn't solve your problem, then could you provide more details of
the machine you are using, the memory and swap space available, and the
number and type of files you are trying to realign.

Best wishes,

Geraint

Dr. Geraint Rees
Wellcome Advanced Fellow,               Lecturer,
Mailstop 139-74,                        Institute of Neurology,
California Institute of Technology,     University College London,
Pasadena,                               12 Queen Square,
CA 91125                                London WC1N 3BG

voice   (626) 395-2880
fax     (626) 796-8876
web     http://www.klab.caltech.edu/~geraint