Dear experts,

We studied three groups of subjects using a conditioning paradigm . We
expect that during extinction the amygdala habituates in the 3 groups
differently. In the main analysis I compared the CS+ with CS- using
appropriate t-contrasts (because of the small groups I used a fixed
effect model). Now I want to compute a time by event interaction for the
different events within groups. I tried to use the time x event
interaction option and typed in a vector (length 8 for CS+ and CS-
respectively) with a linear decrease (e.g. -4 -3 -2 -1 1 2 3 4, because
the reversed order seems to show an increase in the design matrix). Now
I don't no exactly how to model the best fitted different regressors for
the interaction.
Should they been all mean corrected ?
Is it necessary to compare interaction terms between CS+ and CS-, when
in my case the CS- is already habituated during acqusition or can I
compare the main effect for CS- with the interaction regressor for CS+ ?

Do I have to include these regressors already in the main analysis or is
better to create a new design matrix ?

Thanks for any comments

Ralf

Dr. Ralf Veit