Arturo,

You've probably gotten a response already, but here's what we do.
We create a text file with the contrast in it that we want to use.
This may simply be a single contrast, or a whole bunch of them,
with each different contrast on a separate row.  If more than one
contrast is used in the same file, they need to have the same number
of items on each row (i.e., they need to be a rectangular matrix so
that matlab will load it).  Then we load it in matlab, and call it up
as a matlab function.  If you want to call a specific row number,
you can use matlab's matrix notation to do that.  It saves a lot of
typing.  Good luck,

> Date:          Wed, 10 Feb 1999 15:24:48 -0800
> Subject:       contrasts in SPMwin
> From:          Arturo Hernandez <[log in to unmask]>

> I was wondering if there is anyway to avoid having to type contrasts into
> the contrasts window in SPMwin.  Is there anyway to tell SPMwin to simply
> look in a text file for the information or could the contrasts be copied
> and pasted from another file.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Arturo E. Hernandez, Ph.D.

John R. Absher, M.D.
Department of Neurology
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center
Medical Center Boulevard
Winston-Salem, N.C. 27157-1078
(336) 716-2332 (w)
(336) 716-9489 (work fax)