Dear Takanori,

> I am interested in the GRF and statisitcs in the spm.  I carried out
> some simulations to understand thresholding processes in spm and had
> questions about spatial extent test.
>
> And I plot the theoretical probability of the spatial extent test when
> simulated images is thresholded at different Z values and different
> areas n.

> for u=1:500;for k=1:100;pnumax(u,k)= spm_P(1,[8 8],u*0.01,k,128*128);end;end
>
> From the graph,the uncorrected p-value is greater than the corrected p-value
> by the combination of a certain u and k.
> Why is this?

I think one explanation for this anomaly is that you have used very low
thresholds.  This violates the assumptions of GFT.  In our simulations
we generally use thresholds of about Z = 2.4 or more.  Your thresholds
go down to 0.01.  GFT results are only assymtopically correct at high
thresholds.

> In this simulation, the probability of getting one or more clusters
> of size k or more, above high threshold u, almost corresponds to
> the corrected p-value.

This probability is the corrected p value.

With very best wishes - Karl