Dear Karl,

Thanks very much for the reply.

>The fitted effect can be computed by multiplying the appropriate
>parameter estimate by the height of the box car regressor in the design
>matrix.

Yes, we found the baseline mean etc, and reconstructed the fitted response
with constant included, using the various betas.  However, the boxcar
regressor drifts up and down after (I assume) filtering, and is not in any
case a simple boxcar shape after its various convolutions. Is there a
principled way of getting the fitted boxcar plateau signal from the SPM
analysis parameters, or will we have to do what we have done thus far, and
take the mean of the last six of the eight scans in each epoch as the plateau?

Thanks again for your help,

Matthew