Dear SPM:

I have a question about graphing and comment on the user interface.

?) When plotting a graph of several subjects spm99b asks if you want to
average subjects. If one answers yes it plots the effects requested but it
seems to do this by repeatedly plotting each subjects' data and not
actually by averaging. For example let's say I have 3 subjects in a fixed
effects-type MRI analysis and each has 3 conditions. If I plot subject 1
(all conditions) it puts up red, blue and green lines. If I plot 1 and 2
(and average them) it puts up r,b,g lines then redraws over those exact
same lines in cyna, yellow and magenta. 3 subjects return to r,b,g and so
on.

This is confusing.

!) It would be helpful if spm99b had the voxel coordinates of the point
being plotted or overlayed in the spm graphics window. Now that information
resides in the interactive window  if one prints the graphics window it is
no longer clear which point has been plotted, etc.

thanks,
Darren R. Gitelman, M.D.             E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Cognitive Neurology and              Voice:  (312) 908-9023
  the Alzheimer's Disease Center     Fax:    (312) 908-8789
                                     WWW:    http://www.brain.nwu.edu
Northwestern Univ., 320 E. Superior St., Searle 11-470, Chicago, IL 60611