> I run SPM99b on the solaris platform.
> I have noticed that the PS files being created in spm99b are aproximately
> 8 to 10 times larger than the spm.ps files created with spm96. It apears
> to be this way because the images and text are being rasterized. Is there
> a way to change this?

The PostScript shouldn't be rasterized.  What does the global variable
PRINTSTR say?  You can type the following into Matlab (after calling
spm) to find out:
	global PRINTSTR
	PRINTSTR

It should be something like:
	print -dpsc2 -painters -append -noui spm99.ps

If the "-painters" argument is not present, then the PostScript would
be rasterized.  This happens because the 'Renderer' attribute of the
graphics window has been set to 'zbuffer', which causes the rasterized
printing.  The '-painters' argument temporarily sets the 'Renderer'
attribute to 'painters', which prints rather better.

This doesn't really answer the question, but it should be of some
help in tracking down the problem.

Regards,
-John