Dear Dr. Shroeder,

This is just an additional help.
Dr. Furman wrote:
>A lot of settings for spatial normalization are hidden in the defaults
>(Defaults button) and therefore they are not seen by users. You must
>customize your defaults EVERY TIME you do spatial normalization - to
>choose the correct model, voxel size, template, and STARTING ESTIMATES.

If you feel it bothersome to change these parameters EVERY TIME you analyze
your data,
you can edit spm_defaults.m file in the spm96 directory using vi or some
other editors
and customize the defaults as you like.

In your case, the following line (or somewhere like this line) should be
edited:

sptl_Ornt  = [0 0 0 0 0 0 -1 1 1 0 0 0]; % Radiological Convention (L is R)

I do not know exactly how you should change this line, but as far as I judge
from
your e-mail, you should change the seventh number (-1 replaced with 1, or 1
replaced
with -1).
As you see in the spm_defaults.m file, you can edit other default parameters
such as number of  parameters for affine normalization, number of nonlinear
basis functions, etc.

I hope this helps and you enjoy a confortable SPM life.

Best wishes,

Kota KATANODA
Department of Cognitive Neuroscience,
University of Tokyo, Japan