Dear Chikashi,

|Now I have a problem in normalisation.
|I realigned the fM* images specifying  Coregister&reslice => sinc
|interpolation => mean image only. It was successful. I got rf*.imgs and
|mean*.img.
|Then I coregistered sM* structural image, with options as Coregister
|only => target=sM*img(T1) => object=mean*.img(T2).  Now this was successful,
|I got rmean*.img.

I think that the problem you are having is actually in the coregistration,
which is then leading to problems normalising. Here's what I think is
happening.

You have realigned all the functional images together, so they are then in
the same anatomical space. The structural image is initially in a
different anatomical space. However you then coregister the mean
functional to the structural (rather than the other way around) thus
moving the rmean*.img into the anatomical space of the structural. As this
space happens to be offset, when you normalise the s*.img you generate
paramters that would correctly normalise the rmean*.img, but NOT the
rfM*.img's, which are in a different anatomical space.

The solution is to coregister the structural to the mean functionals (i.e.
target = T2, object = T1) creating a rsM.img that you then normalise as
you have done. This puts all the T2*, T1 and meanT2* images
in the same anatomical space. Alternatively just normalise
the mean*.img directly to the EPI template, bypassing the structural
altogether.

Good luck!

best wishes,

Geraint

Dr. Geraint Rees
Wellcome Advanced Fellow              Lecturer
California Institute of Technology    Institute of Neurology
Division of Biology 139-74            University College London
Pasadena                              12 Queen Square
California 91125                      London WC1N 3BG

voice (626) 395-2880                  voice (171) 833-7472
fax   (626) 796-8876                  fax   (171) 813-1420