Hi Titto

I have some questions on your "Call To Arms" response. I am
little bit lost with some ambigouities in the initial schedule:

- Action point "Define the use cases for the standard" (What
    people are supposed to be able to do with it: ...).
    On first sight I was interpreting it that you already want
    to have some use cases of simulations environments, that
    will be put into the standards document.  But now I am
    interpreting it that you want a design for the mechanism of the
    standards institution. What is the aim?

- Action point "Identify and examine existing technologies/
    standards releveant to the effort"
    This relates to the first action above. For the first inter-
    pretation its probably apropriate to target a manifestation
    in the form of a monster tool, that one can buy off the
    shelf. For the second interpretation, especially if its
    an open ended effort, we probably need a network of
    services and people. The existing means are asked, but for
    what ends?

- Action point "Test the feasibility of the idea by trying to
    code a first example".
    This relates also to the first action point above. Trying to
    code works well, if the first interpretation is applied.
    If the second interpretation is applied, you should
    probably add phases like collect use case submissions,
    workout major use cases, implement some use cases on
    different plattforms. A proof of concept is asked,
    but of what concept?

Best Regards
--
Jan Burse