Robin Rice said (quoting a reputable dictionary)

> If you think race determines
>behaviour, that seems to fall in the definition.

Determines being used in the Boudon sense of being associated with?

Is it racist to believe that behaviour and cognition vary systematically
between cultures?

Is it racist to believe that the cognitive structures available to and
used by people differ between cultures?

And when I speak of cultures, I mean the transmission of knowledge,
cognitions, values and attitudes by groups of people. Does racism
inevitably have to do with some genetic definition of race?

Strikes me that the dictionary doesn't provide much clarity here.

ronan