A post-doctoral position is available starting IMMEDIATELY in the group of Roi Baer at the Lise Meitner center for computational quantum chemistry, Dept. of Physical Chemistry, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem Israel.
Our group concentrates on developing new electronic structure methods. Three research directions are currently pursued:
1) Linear scaling density functional methods: we are developing methods for electronic structure which have algorithmic complexity scaling linearly with system size. Work is done in collaboration with M. Head-Gordon from UC Berkeley.
2) Auxiliary field Quantum Monte-Carlo techniques: we are now studying a new approach to quantum chemistry using a new Monte-Carlo technique we recently developed in collaboration with D. Neuhauser from UCLA.
3) New time dependent density functional methods for studying electronically excited state and dynamical properties of molecular systems.
For details as to our research, please consult our web site at http://www.fh.huji.ac.il/~roib
Applying candidates are required to have experience in theoretical method development and scientific computing. Background in quantum chemistry and condensed matter physics is welcome but not mandatory.
Position is offered for a year with possibility of extension depending on progress.
Interested candidates: please send (email - preferred) curriculum vitae and the names of three references to:
Roi Baer,
Dept. of Physical Chemistry and
The Lise Meitner Minerva Center for Computational Quantum Chemistry,
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem,
Jerusalem 91904, Israel
Tel: 972-2-658-6114  Fax: 972-2-651-3742
email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.fh.huji.ac.il/~roib