Dear Rob,

I note what you say regarding Pen-y-Clun, however just because the
photographs show  that nothing has changed over the last 30 years, does not
mean that it could fall down to-morrow! We all have seen cases where a big
wind has taken things that we thought would be there for a long time.
Delicate structures can change overnight. It is all well and good for me to
say this, but £30K is nothing with some of the EU grants that are available:
but there is a huge amount of time needed to winkle out the relevant sectors
who have the power to 'give'. We are all busy people, and I am the first one
to admit that I do not sadly have the time for such a good cause. Again, what
about the Bryn-Dyfi Mine buildings & site, nobody has commented on this
superb place, it is being ignored & I think this is very sad for such a
unique and gentle complement to the lanscape of this particular area: it is
indeed a place of outstanding natural beauty - and tranquility. As to Parys
Mountain, well, that is a vast task, and a very valid one with much valuable
history to interpret - it is a site for the brave! - do not criticise those
who with good intent have discovered how much work is involved, I for one
will admit I would not like to take it on - it is a truly massive task, and
should be done by an official body with the backing of those who care.

Gofwch Bryn-Dyfi!!!

Regards,   BERNARD